Monde is a dramatic 40-storey building at Queens Quay and Bonnycastle, Toronto. The main entrances to both the tower and the podium are off of Bonnycastle Street. The architecture of Monde, a groundbreaking building targeting LEED Gold certification comes from internationally recognized architect Moshe Safdie in collaboration with Quadrangle Architects. These masters of design worked with Cecconi Simone on the interiors and Janet Rosenberg 4- Associates on the landscape design to create a building with premium quality standards and a design aesthetic inspired by nature, the lake and the city.
• Targeting LEED Gold certification.
• Insulated, high-performance architecturally designed curtain wall window system.
• Ground level shops, cafés and public spaces to enjoy.
• Mid-block pedestrian connection between Sherbourne Common and retail, and Bonnycastle Street.
• The building and every suite are equipped with Beanfield broadband internet access.
• Sherbourne Common park is at the building's doorstep.
Monde features a breathtaking double-height lobby with a living green wall, along with extensive amenities designed by acclaimed interior design firm Cecconi Simone. Amenities will be located on the entire twelfth floor and will include yoga/pilates/cardio/kinesis training and weights studios, hot plunge pool and his and hers sauna, steam and change-rooms with experience showers. Relax and entertain in the kitchen/ dining/bar/lounge and play in the billiards room. Step outside and enjoy the outdoor lounge with indoor/outdoor fireplace or relax in a cabana next to the outdoor pool with infinity views to Lake Ontario. Extensive landscaping by celebrated Janet Rosenberg + Associates complements the pool deck.
• 24 hour, 7 days a week concierge.
• 2 guest suites provided for residents use.
• Resident superintendent for on-site maintenance.
• Underground parking equipped with security monitoring system.
• Underground garage painted white and well-lit for added safety and security.
• 5 custom-designed elevators, 3 designated for the tower and 2 for the podium
• Visitor parking on the uppermost parking level.
• Separate lobby access for podium and tower, with mailrooms conveniently located beside each.
Monde is one of only a handful of residential buildings in Canada targeting LEED Gold certification.
• Building is located in close proximity to pedestrian links, bike paths and future public transit.
• Covered bicycle parking spaces.
• Dual flush toilets in every suite.
• Green roofs located on the 5th and 12th floor as well as on top of the building.
• Construction waste management plan to divert a minimum of 75% of materials from landfill.
• Each suite will be individually metered for hot and cold water, electricity and heating/cooling.
• Every effort will be made to use locally (within 800km) sourced materials.
• Low emission and low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) materials to be used throughout the building.
• Developer installed window coverings on floors 13, 14, 15 to comply with City of Toronto Migratory Bird Policy,
• In-suite ERV units that use outgoing air to heat and humidify in-coming fresh air in the cooler months, or cool and dehumidify in the warmer months, thus reducing energy consumption and improving air quality.
• Motion sensor lighting control in hallways and stairwells.